1. An
e-mail to your brother to send you a laptop.
To
: sijan@yahoo.com
Subject : Request to send a
laptop.
My dear brother,
I hope you all are hale and
hearty. Recently, a friend of mine told me that an advanced laptop with high
configuration has been developed in the USA. I have heard that this laptop
is an improved version, with great number of unique features. I shall be
grateful to you if you can kindly send one such laptop for me. Since this an
age of information technology, this handy machine will help me keep abreast
with new-age technology greatly.
Moreover, you promised to buy
me a laptop when it was your last visit to Bangladesh. Parents agree with me
and told me to inform their consent to you. Please don’t frustrate me.
Warm Regards,
Your loving brother,
Sijan.
2. An
email to your friend congratulating on brilliant success
To
: shapno_13@yahoo.com
Subject : Congratulation
for brilliant success.
Dear
Friend A sweet note from you have just
anchored to the shore of my heart. I came to know by your email that you have
passed the JSC examination with G.P.A-5:00. Heartiest congratulation on your
brilliant success. In fact, this brilliant result is a matter of pride and joy
for us. All of us expected such a brilliant performance from you. My parents
are also extremely happy to know of your brilliant success. There is no doubt
that your hard work has borne fruit. We hope your sincerity, devotion and
seriousness will take you a long way. Your performance will inspire the
students of average merit like me.
Your friend
Tamzid
Or, An
e-mail to your friend congratulating him on his brilliant success.
To
:saad10@yahoo.com
Subject:
Congratulation for brilliant success.
Dear Saad,
I would like to congratulate
you on your brilliant success in the Junior School Certificate Examination. My
joys knew no bounds when I came to know that you have secured GPA 5 in Junior
School Certificate Examination in Dhaka Board. Please accept my heartiest
congratulation on your brilliant success. We knew that you would be able to
make a very good result in the Junior School Certificate Examination but you
have surprised us with such a very splendid result. You are really worthy of
this result. Not only I but also my parents are proud of your brilliant
success. We must pray to the Almighty Allah so that you can secure such a
result in every examination and pave the way of your life with the ingredients
of such brilliant result.
Yours loving,
Sami
3. E-mail to your friend about Bangladesh and her people
From
: tonika123@gmail.com
To
: mithila123@gmail.com
Subject: About Bangladesh and her people.
Dear Mithila,
I received your e-mail
yesterday. You have wanted to know about Bangladesh and her people. Bangladesh
is a small country with an area of 1,47,570 square kilometers. It became
independent through a sanguinary war in 1971. It is a tropical country. It has
six seasons. It is called a land of rivers. Our land is very fertile. The
monsoon blows over it and there is a lot of rain here. About 80 percent of
people live in the villages. Most of the people are Muslims. There are also
Hindu, Buddhist and Christian communities in our country. We also have Tribal
people who have their own language and culture. The hospitality of our people
is world famous. Rice and fish is our main food. We entertain other people with
sweets when we have good news. Males wear lungi and women wear a sari. People
observe various kinds of festivals gorgeously almost all the year round. Pahela
Baishakh is the biggest celebration in which all the people join. Bangladesh is
known as the darling child of nature. It is a country of scenic beauty. The Sundarbans,
the forests of hilly districts, the tea gardens of Sylhet and Cox’s Bazar sea
beach etc. are the important tourist attractions of Bangladesh.
We are proud of our country,
our culture and heritage. You are cordially invited to visit our country. Hope
to hear from you soon. I am fine.
Your friend,
Tonika
4. An email to father informing results of the
annual examination
To
: sijan@yahoo.com
Subject : results of the annual
examination
My dear Father,
Peace be on you through the
mercy of Almighty. I hope you are fine by the grace of Allah. I am also fine
with blessings of all. I have been awaiting for the results of my annual
examination and just today they have been out. Father, you all will be
glad to learn that I have stood third in the examination. I have got A+ in
mathematics, science, and English. My total marks are 786. My teachers are very
satisfied with the results. Here my friends and relatives have congratulated me
on my good position. I will send you a copy of my mark-sheet. I have the
determination to do much better the next year. For this, I will leave no stone
unturned. During my Ramadan holidays I have decided to visit you. Convey my
best regards to mother.
Your loving son,
Tushar
5. An
e-mail to your friend requesting him to return the book immediately.
To
: satabdi@yahoo.com
Subject: Request to return a
book.
Dear Satabdi,
It is pretty long time you
borrowed a book entitled “A Lucid Roadmap on English Grammar and Composition”
from me but you have not yet returned it to me. Perhaps you have forgotten it.
However, Junior School Certificate Examination-2014 is knocking at the door.
So, I have to study more and more. I have revised the syllabus of almost all
the subjects except English Second Paper. At this moment I need it badly.
Friend, I think you have already realized the importance of the book. So, I
would be highly delighted provided that you return the book as early as
possible.
Thanking you,
Sharmin
6. An
email to friend how to improve English
To
: sijan@yahoo.com
Subject: How to learn English
well.
Dear Sijan,
To learn English well, you have
to gain the four skills of a language. For developing your listening skill, you
have to attend your English classes regularly, listen to the English programmes
and the English news on TV and the radio regularly. Secondly, for developing
your speaking skill, you will have to talk in English to your English teachers,
classmates and the members of your family regularly. You must attend
English language club for practice speaking English. For improving your
reading skill, you will have to read story books written in English, the English
dailies and the English magazines. Fourthly, for improving your writing skill,
you will have to write any compositions in your own words. So, you can easily
learn English well by doing the above useful activities. I am hopeful that you
will do better if you follow my advice.
No more today. With my good
wishes to you.
Your loving friend ,
Dana
7. An e-mail to your father to send you some money.
To
: sijan@yahoo.com
Subject : Asking father to send
money.
Dear Father,
I hope you will be in the best
of your health and spirits. I am also well here. As you know, I am very sincere
to my studies. I am very regular to my classes. For the new academic session,
my teacher has suggested a number of books. I managed to get some books in the
library. But a few books are not available in the library. So, I have to buy
those books. Oxford Dictionary, Atlas and a book for English composition are
urgently required. I do not have sufficient money to buy them. Kindly send me
1,000/- by money order as early as possible so that my study may not be
affected. I assure you of the best performance in the examination.
Please convey my regards to
mother and love to Rana.
Your loving son,
Tushar
8. E-mail to your mother informing that you
will spend summer vacation with her in your village
To
: asma@yahoo.com
Subject : Informing summer
vacation
My dear mother,
At the beginning of the letter,
take my cordial love. Hope that you are well by the grace of all mighty Allah.
I am also well by the grace of Allah. I want to inform you by my letter that
the summer vacation of my school will begin from the next Sunday. So, I hope
that I will spend this summer with you and father in our village. From going
there, I will pass some dreamy moments with you. I will enjoy special dishes
cooked by your own hands. We must go to visit my grandparents’ house. I will
eat a lot of mangoes, Jackfruits and pineapples in this time. Please tell
father to buy them from market quickly.
Please convey my regards to
father and love to Rana. This is all for today. Best wishes to you and
all. More when I will meet you.
Your loving son,
Al Karia
9. An
email to your friend inviting him/her to attend the marriage ceremony of your
elder sister.
To
: rana31@gmail.com
Subject : Invitation to the
marriage ceremony of your elder sister.
My Dear Friend,
I feel very glad to let you
know that the marriage ceremony of my elder sister will be solemnized on
February 2, at our residence. On the evening of this ceremony, we will also
organize a splendor party. And after this, we will enjoy dinner with all our
relatives. Many relatives will crowd our home and some will stay for somedays.
My father also invites our school teachers as well as the principal. I shall
have to be busy that day. This is the first marriage ceremony after
my birth so it’s special for me. You know for certain that the auspicious day
and grand ceremony will fail to fill up the great gap in my mind if you are
found absent from the ceremony. So, I expect your attendance. My family would
be very happy if you come along with your parents and your younger brother.
You will also receive the
formal invitation card as soon as possible. With love and kind regards to your
parents.
Yours lovingly Friend,
Rakib
10. An
e-mail to your friend thanking for hospitality shown to you
Thank you very much for the
warmth and hospitality you showed me on my visit to your home last month. You
were a great hostess and took so many pains to make me comfortable. Your father
was so nice and so was Aunty. I shall never forget the taste of good food she
specially cooked for me. Not for a moment, I felt uneasy or an unwanted guest.
All the members of your family treated me as you. I thank you for helping
me in visiting all the places and to the theatre that night. I enjoyed it
besides the ice-creams and soft-drinks we had in the interval.
I have brought back rich and
everlasting memories. I will never forget those happy and joyful days while I
had been with you at your village home. Besides it, please convey my thanks to
your all members of the family for their kind treatment and love.
11. E-mail
to to your father informing him about your progress of study
To :
rahman@yahoo.com
Subject: Informing progress of
study
My dear father,
Peace be on you through the
mercy of Allah. I am very glad to receive your mail and I have read it many a
time and felt deeply that you are so much anxious of me. I assure you that
you need not think so much about my studies. I am preparing very well for
the ensuring examination. Well, you will be delighted to know that I have got
G.P.A.-5:00 in the test examination. I am sure now you will be proud of me
it. I can do better in the JSC examination. I have completed my revision
of English, Math, Bengali and other subjects quite successfully with the help
of my respective teachers. Do pray that I can keep your heads high by the grace
of Allah.
Covey my salam to mother and
love to Sony. With lots of love.
Your affectionate son,
Nazim
12. E-mail
to to your friend asking suggestion for JSC examination.
To
: shezan@yahoo.com
Subject: Asking suggestion for
JSC examination
Dear friend,
At the very outset accept my
cordial greetings and best wishes. I do hope that you are in sound health and
taking a great preparation. You know I live in a remote village where I hardly
keep in contact with qualified teachers. Besides I am a dull student. I have
wasted my valuable time roaming aimlessly. Now I am not getting any reliable
short suggestion for my upcoming examination. That’s why I am confused to take
a good preparation. You can help me a lot in this purpose as you are a
brilliant student.
Please, help me giving some
short suggestions of all subjects so that I can pass in the examination. Your
suggestions and advices are highly expected at this moment. Try to send it as
soon as possible otherwise my dream to pass will be nipped in the bud.
Your loving friend,
Tusher
13. Suppose your friend lives in Australia. She has
heard about the largest mangrove forest of the world, the Sundarbans. Now write
an email asking her to visit Bangladesh after the pandemic.
The Sundarbans is a vast forest
on the coast of the Bay of Bengal. It is located in both Bangladesh and West
Bengal of India. It is one of the natural wonders of the world. The full forest
is covered with a crisscrossed network of lake or river. Not only for the
forest but also, its ecological systems make it one of the best natural beauty
in the world. Mangrove forest, spotted deer, wild bears, Royal Bengal Tiger, Crocodile,
Monkey and many other wild animals altogether make suburban a real threat of
wildlife. This forest is unique for Sundari tree species and the Royal Bengal
tiger. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987. Numerous tourists
from local country and abroad are fascinated by the unique beauty of the
Sundarbans. I highly request you to visit Bangladesh after the pandemic and to
enjoy the God gifted unique beauty in your own eyes.
14. An
email to your younger brother telling him about the importance of reading
newspaper.
To
: ahsan@gmail.com
Subject : Importance of reading
newspaper
Dear Ahsan,
Take my affection at the very
outset of the email. Hope you are fine. You know that reading newspaper is one
of the best habits of the human life. It is the newspaper, which can easily
provide us the news and views of the world at the very early of the day.
Through newspaper we come to know about politics, economics, culture,
literature games and sports of the whole world. It bears the sign of good taste
and wisdom. It plays a vital role in mobilizing public opinion on various
national issues. By reading newspaper, we can keep pace with time and enrich
the arena of knowledge. What is more important is that reading newspaper we can
enhance our knowledge on language and improve our power of thinking.
Your sister,
Nusrat
15. An
email to her about the importance of learning English.
To
: luckyuk@hotmail.com
Subject : Importance of
learning English
Dear Lucky,
Take my affection at the very
outset of the email. Hope you are well. You know that English is the treasure
house of knowledge. The best books on different branches of modern science and
technology are mostly written in English. Hence, we must learn English to
understand the language and grasp the knowledge contained in these books. If a
student wants to be a pilot or a tourist guide, he must know English well. If
he wants to get a good job in a big hotel, he must know English well. Even if
he wants to be a repairman or a mechanic, he must know English. For many jobs,
he needs to know English. So, there is no scope to be indifferent to English.
Your brother,
Zubayer
16. An
email to share your joys with your friend, Hafiz.
To
: hafiz917@gmail.com
Subject: Watching a cricket
match
Dear Hafiz,
I have recently enjoyed a
fantastic cricket match between Bangladesh and India at Bangabandhu National
Stadium in Khulna. I felt thrilled when I was enjoying the match. The captain
of India won the toss and decided to bat. This stadium was packed with
spectators. There was a hard contest between the two teams. Finally, Bangladesh
won the game and we, the spectators, gave a big hand for Bangladesh team. The
match was so enjoyable we would not forget it.
Yours ever,
Kamal
17. An
E-mail to your father who lives in Jamalpur asking money for buying books.
To
: shahidjpur13@yahoo.com
Subject : Asking to send money
for buy books
My dear father,
Take my salam at the outset of
the E-mail. Since I am going to sit for the JSC Examination this year I need to
purchase some extra books along with an Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
and keep some money in my hand against contingencies. You know that to enrich
the vocabulary a dictionary is a must. That is why my teacher has suggested me
to purchase a dictionary immediately. I am sending a copy of my book list
attached with this mail. I have calculated that, in total, I need Tk. 2000.00
(two thousand only) to meet these expenses up to October 20, 2015. So, please
send me the money as early as possible.
Your loving
son,
Abir
18. An
E-mail describing your hobby.
To
: efty@gmail.com
Subject : About my hobby
Dear Efty,
Take my cordial love at the
very outset of the E-mail. Hope you are well. The name of my hobby is
gardening. It strengthens my body and refreshes my mind. My garden is in front
of my reading room. Whenever I get time, I work in it with great attention. I
make the soil loose with a spade; weed out the grass and plant flower plants in
it. Sometimes I sow the seeds of some plants and water them regularly. I have
also put a fence around my garden. It keeps away cattle and naughty children.
When different types of flowers bloom in my garden, my heart leaps with joy and
merriment. I become thrilled with the beauty of flower, one of the purest
ingredients of nature.
Yours ever,
Ruwad
19. An
E-mail to describing your aim in life.
To
: asifmahmud@gmail.com
Subject : About my aim in life
Dear Asif,
Accept my cordial love at the
very outset of the E-mail. Hope you are well. My aim in life is to be a doctor.
My parents and teachers have given their consent to my choice. The village
people in our country are very poor. Many people meet premature death for want
of proper treatment. Therefore, I have decided to serve the people of my
village through this profession. I have been learning every single subject with
great attention. It was my cherished desire from my boyhood to serve the
nation. I will render free service to the poor villagers. I will set up a
charitable dispensary and distribute medicines to the poor free of cost. I have
also a plan to set up a hospital with few beds for serious cases. Pray for me
so that I can reach my goal and serve the nation. No more today.
Yours ever,
Apurbo
20. An
email to your friend thanking him/her for sending you a nice present/gift.
To
: Samiul@gmail.com
Subject : Thanks for
birthday present.
Dear Akash,
My birthday passed smoothly and
happily yesterday. I would be happier if you could attend. But I know you
could attend my birthday party because of your examination. I can realize
how much you love me and why you could not come. However, you have
remembered my birthday and proved it by sending a nice birthday gift to
me. Believe me, my dear friend, many presents I received on the
occasion but the one received from you is the best of all. I think that your
gift is not just a gift, rather it is a symbol of your love for me. You deserve
my thanks. I believe only giving thanks to you will not do. I offer my
heartiest love to you. I had long been in need of a new camera and it has
come from you. How could you guess my thoughts I wonder. I shall now be able to
take some really fine pictures with it.
Convey my regards to your
parents and love to the younger ones.
Your friend,
Samiul
21. An
email to your brother or sister advising him/her to study regularly and not to
adopt unfair means in the examination hall.
To
: audrey31@gmail.com
Subject : advice not to adopt
unfair means in the examination hall.
Dear Audrey,
I hope you’re doing well! I
wanted to remind you about the importance of studying regularly, especially
with exams coming up. Setting aside a little time every day to review your
lessons will make it much easier to understand and remember everything. It’s
much better than cramming at the last minute!
Also, please avoid using any
unfair means in the exam hall. Cheating may seem like a quick fix, but it can
lead to serious trouble and won’t help you in the long run. It’s always better
to do your best with what you know—success through hard work feels much more
rewarding.
If you need help with your
studies, don’t hesitate to ask. I’m always here for you!
Your sister
Sanjida
22. An email to your brother or sister advising
him/her to be regular in his/her studies.
To
: audrey31@gmail.com
Subject: Stay Regular with Your Studies!
Dear Audrey,
I hope you’re doing well! I
just wanted to give you a quick reminder about the importance of being regular
with your studies. I know it can be tempting to put off studying until the last
minute, but trust me, keeping up with your lessons every day will make a big
difference. It helps you understand the material better, reduces stress before
exams, and gives you more confidence.
If you stick to a routine,
it’ll also leave you with more free time to do the things you enjoy without
worrying about catching up. Plus, regular studying means no late-night
cramming!
I’m always here if you need any
help with your subjects or study tips. Keep up the good work!
Take care,
Your sister,
Sanjida
23. An
email to your father informing him about your preparation for the JSC
examination/progress ofstudy.
To : rahman@yahoo.com
Subject: Informing progress of
study
My dear father,
Peace be on you through the
mercy of Allah. I am very glad to receive your mail and I have read it many a
time and felt deeply that you are so much anxious of me. I assure you that
you need not think so much about my studies. I am preparing very well for
the ensuring examination. Well, you will be delighted to know that I have got
G.P.A.-5:00 in the test examination. I am sure now you will be proud of me it.
I can do better in the JSC examination. I have completed my revision of
English, Math, Bengali and other subjects quite successfully with the help of
my respective teachers. Do pray that I can keep your heads high by the grace of
Allah.
Covey my salam to mother and
love to Sony. With lots of love.
Your affectionate son,
Nazim
24. An
email to your friend inviting him/her to join the picnic.
To
: nakib31@gmail.com
Subject: Invitation to go for a
picnic.
Dear Nakib,
Our school shall be closed for
winter vacation on Friday next. I think, you will be very glad to know that we
are going to have a joyful picnic on the 25th instant. We have decided to go to
Sonargoan. You know it is a place of great historical interest and one of the
most suitable picnic spots in our area. All the students of our class will
participate in the picnic. Our four teachers will guide us there. All the
preparations have already been finished. We shall start for the place by our
school bus from our school compound on Friday next at 7 am. We expect to have a
pleasant time. You are cordially invited to attend us. Please don’t miss the
chance. Making a picnic is also a great part of education. It gives us a new
experience and new knowledge.
So, please come to my residence
at least one day before the date fixed. No more today. More when we meet.
Your loving friend,
Noman
25. An
e-mail to requesting him to visit your house during the Eid vacation.
To: skabir2000@yahoo.com
Subject: Request to visit our
house.
Dear Shahrukh,
Accept my cordial love at the
very outset of the e-mail. Hope you are very well. Friend, I would like to
invite you to pass few days with me in my village during the ensuing Eid
vacation. You will enjoy the natural beauty here in my village. You would able
to enjoy the riverside, green fields of paddy, chirping of birds, etc. Here in
the river Chitra you can enjoy the boating and taking a thrilling bath with
great pleasure. Not only I but also my parents will be highly glad to have you
amongst us. Please don’t dishearten us.
Yours cordially,
Jahir
26. An
e-mail to your friend requesting him to return the book immediately.
To : nraiyan2012drmc@yahoo.com
Subject: Request to return a
book.
Dear Niladry,
It is pretty long time you
borrowed a book entitled “A Book of English Grammar and Composition” from me
but you have not yet returned it to me. Perhaps you have forgotten it. However,
Junior School Certificate Examination-2013 is knocking at the door. So, I have
to study more and more. I have revised the syllabus of almost all the subjects
except English Second Paper. At this moment I need it badly. Friend, I think
you have already realized the importance of the book. So, I would be highly
delighted provided that you return the book as early as possible.
Thanking you,
Mugdho
27. An
e-mail to her about the importance of learning English.
To : Lucky <
luckyuk@hotmail.com>
Subject : Importance of
learning English
Dear Lucky,
Take my affection at the very
outlet of the e-mail. Hope you are well. You know that English is the treasure
house of knowledge. The best books on different branches of modern science and
technology are mostly written in English. Hence, we must learn English to
understand the language and grasp the knowledge contained in these books. If a
student wants to be a pilot or a tourist guide, he must know English well. If
he wants to get a good job in a big hotel, he must know English well. Even if
he wants to be a repairman or a mechanic, he must know English. For many jobs,
he needs to know English. So, there is no scope to be indifferent to English.
Yours brother,
Zubayer
28. An
email to your father who lives in Jamalpur asking money for buying books.
To : shahidjpur13@yahoo.com
Subject : Asking to send money
for buy books
My dear father,
Take my salam at the outlet of
the e-mail. Since I am going to seat for the JSC Examination this year I need
to purchase some extra books along with an Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
and keep some money in my hand against contingencies. You know that to enrich
the vocabulary a dictionary is a must. That is why my teacher has suggested me
to purchase a dictionary immediately. I am sending a copy of my book list
attached with this mail. I have calculated that, in total, I need Tk. 2000 (two
thousand) to meet these expenses up to Sepetember10, 2014. So, please send me
the money as early as possible.
Your loving son,
Abir
29. An e-mail to know about your hobby. Now write
him an email describing your hobby.
To : efty3m2@gmail.com
Subject : About the my
hobby
Dear Efty,
Take my cordial love at the
very outlet of the e-mail. Hope you are well. The name of my hobby is
gardening. It strengthens my body and refreshes my mind. My garden is in front
of my reading room. Whenever I get time, I work in it with great attention. I make
the soil loose with a spade; weed out the grass and plant flower plants in it.
Sometimes I sow the seeds of some plants and water them regularly. I have also
put a fence around my garden. It keeps away cattle and naughty children. When
different types of flowers bloom in my garden, my heart leaps with joy and
merriment. I become thrilled with the beauty of flower, one of the purest
ingredients of nature.
Yours ever,
Ruwad
30. An
email to friend wishing a happy birthday
To
: sijan@yahoo.com
Subject : Wishing a happy
birthday
Dear Sijan,
I feel very happy to know that
the coming Monday happens to your birthday. It will be a great pleasure for me
to attend your birthday party. Please accept my best wishes and heartily
complements on this special occasion. I wish such happy occasion will happen in
your life again and again. It’s really very kind of you to have invited me on
birthday party. I am very grateful to the Lord for this year of life He has
allowed you to enjoy, because he has placed you in my path and keep us together
as always. You deserve a life full of success, love and great joy. Happy
Birthday! Very shortly you will receive a small gift from my side as a token of
love affection. Accept my felicitation on this happy day once again.
With best regards,
Yours sincerely,
Tushar
31. An
email to mother asking about her health
Dear mother,
First, let me know about your
health. In fact, I was very worried to learn about the deteriorating condition
of health ever since I learnt this. You have been very careless towards your
health. You have always been very concerned for the needs and well-being of
each and every member of the family but at the cost of your health and comfort.
It is the result of your careless attitude that your health is deteriorating.
It is a matter of great concern for all of us. If you will not be in good
health and fitness, who will take care of us? It is you who are always there to
care for us either it are our education, health or any other matter. So, do not
ignore yourself. Take care of yourself and act on your doctor’s advice. Please
take a nourishing and balanced diet. I pray God to restore you to perfect
health again.
With best regards.
Your loving son
32. An
email to pen friend about beautiful Bangladesh
The name of our country is
Bangladesh which became independent in 1971. Dhaka is its capital. Its land
area is 1,47,570 square kilometers. About 160 million people live here. Most of
them are Muslim. Bangladesh is mainly agricultural country. Its main crops are
rice, jute, sugar-cane and tea. Jack-fruits, mangoes, bananas, pine-apples,
guavas and water-melons are the most common fruits. The Padma, the Meghna, the
Jamuna and the Karnaphuli are the big rivers in our country. It is enriched
with natural beauty. The longest sea beach of the world, the biggest mangrove
forest, eye catching tea garden of sylhet, Maynamati, Bagerhat, Mohastangar of
Bogra, Jaflong, Madhobkondo, Shusong Durgapur of Birishiri etc are famous
tourist places here. In fact, I feel proud to have a nice country about
Bangladesh.
No more today, write you later.
Take care of yourself.
Your friend
Shafi
33. Subject:
Invitation letter to New Year Party
My Dear Rohit,
Bang-Bang! Yes this is the time
to rejoice.
It is time to say good-bye to
2017 and welcome the New Year. We are planning to enter the New Year with a big
bang. We have planned to celebrate the New Year by having a party in our
garden. Yes, it will be mid-night and chilly cold. For this we will have a big
bon-fire. Around this, we will be playing and dancing, singing, drinking and
eating. I wish to see you all at 8pm sharp so that we start the celebration
without missing anyone. Regards to your parents
Yours sincerely,
Rana
34. Email
to friends not to waste time on facebook
To
: shapno_13@yahoo.com
Subject : Request not to
waste time on facebook
I would like to advise you
regarding your addiction to facebook which is making you irresponsible,
negligent, and careless. It has become a source of major distractions for you.
You use it all the time. You are thoughtlessly and uselessly wasting your precious
time on this useless site. Even I have been tracking you for a few days. Most
of the time you are in online. I was shocked to see you online last night at
2:00 a.m.! What were you doing? Your performance in terminal exams is horrible.
Mother told me your eyesight has weakened. Let me warn you we gave it to
you for convenience; not inconvenience. If you don’t mend ways, it can be
withdrawn from you. Kindly use it; but be moderate! I am sure you won’t misuse
it. Misusing will only engender more problems. Education is the first priority,
and doing well in it the first responsibility. I hope you will keep the
principles intact. Give regards to mother and dad.
35. An email to your friend inviting him to
attend your birthday party
To
: jamil32@gmail.com
Subject : Invitation to
attend birthday party
Dear Jamil,
You will be glad to know that
my birthday falls on 7th December and this time I am planning to celebrate it
at home. There is going to be a small tea party in the evening after 7 P.M.
There will be some refreshments there. Also, there will be a dance and music
programme. I am going to invite all my friends and relatives. I strongly desire
that you should also come on my birthday and grace the occasion with your
presence. We will decorate the day with different colorful papers and flowers.
I hope that you will not reject ray invitation. Do reach in time. We are
eagerly waiting for your arrival.
Please pay my best regards to
your parents and love to Nehal.
With best wishes
Your loving friend,
Shihab
36. An
email about food and food habits in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh people
usually are used to taking three meals a day, breakfast lunch and dinner. They
are fond of rice, fish, vegetables and pulses. People usually eat rice and one
or two curries for both lunch and dinner. There are large varieties of fish in
our country. But Hilsha is the most popular of all fishes. We have also
different types of fruits including mangoes, Jackfruits, Bananas etc. We have
different kinds of pithas during the winter season.
37. An
email about your plan after exam
Dear [Brother/Sister’s Name],
I hope you’re doing well! I
just wanted to share my plans for after exams, as I’m really looking forward to
some downtime once they’re over. First, I’m going to take a few days to relax,
catch up on sleep, and maybe binge-watch some of my favorite shows. I’ve been
so focused on studying that I feel like I deserve a little break!
After that, I’m thinking of
picking up a new hobby—maybe learning to play the guitar or trying some DIY
projects. I also want to spend more time outdoors, maybe go on a few hikes or
bike rides. It’ll be nice to enjoy some fresh air after being stuck inside with
my books.
I’m really excited about what’s
next and hope we can plan something fun together too!
Take care,
[Your Name]
38. Email to friend congratulating him on his
success on debate competition
Debate is one of the toughest
competitions as speaking with so much confidence in front of an opposition team
in front of many audiences is not so easy but you made it! Congratulations for
this wonderful achievement. I know you have won a lot of prizes earlier but
winning a prize in a debate has its own importance. Your parents must be proud
of you. I hope u must participate in more of the coming debates because the way
you spoke was fantastic. The opposing team even didn’t have the words to oppose
you and defend themselves. Your confidence was enough for you to win the
competition and on the other hand your points were mind blowing. When you
started to speak the whole audience felt silence and those applauses
automatically began at the end of yours speech. Hope your confidence brings
success to you.
39. An email to ur invited friend posponing the
events
To
: asma@yahoo.com
Subject : About posponing the
birthday party
Dear friend,
I am extremely sorry to inform
you that my birthday party which was schedule on the next Sunday has been
canceled due to my father’s sudden illness. He is now admitted in the hospital.
I feel very ashamed to saying this to you. I know that you were eagerly waiting
for the occasion but I had to cancel the party at the eleventh hour. I had
never anticipated that it would happen. Now it is quite impossible for me to
arrange such a party keeping my father in the hospital. I have tried my level
best to let you inform the reality as soon as possible. I apologize for all
inconvenience that you and your family will face and look forward to seeing you
again in the next week.
Thank you for understanding the
matter. With best regards and lots of love.
Your loving friend
Al Karia
40. An
email to the coordinator to be a volunteer for the event
To
: asma@yahoo.com
Subject : To be a volunteer for
the welfare project
I am interested in an
opportunity to volunteer with the Skylark Child Welfare. I have significant
experience working with children and would like to do so in a volunteer
capacity. I volunteered as teacher’s aside at the Adamjee School and enjoyed
being able to help kinder gardeners learn during their first experience in a
class room. In this position, I assisted with classroom projects, provided
one-on-one literacy tutoring to the children. I also contributed additional
time, outside of my set hours, to stay after school and assist with
extracurricular activities. My schedule is flexible and I am
available to volunteer both evening and weekends. Please feel free to reach out
to me via email. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you in person to
discuss any potential opportunities at the Skylark Child Welfare.
Thanks for your consideration
and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely yours
Al Karia
41.
E-mail to your friend describing the annual sports of your school
The annual sports ceremony was
held on the 21st January instant in a befitting manner in the school
campus. Our school building and surroundings were nicely decorated with
flowers, colour-papers and balloons. Besides the students, guardians and other
gentlemen came to see the sports. The function was presided over by the
headmaster of our school. He hoisted the national flag with the national anthem
and declared the sports meet open by freeing the pigeon in the sky. Many
students took part in various games like High Jump, Long Jump, Short Put,
Javelin Throw, Running Races, Hurdles Race, Disk Throwing, Musical Chairs and
Fancy Dress Competition. You will be glad to know that I won three prizes. I
came in first in the 100 meters race, second in the 200 meters race and in the
cycle race. I narrowly missed the individual championship cup. At the end, a
cultural function was arranged by the students of the school
to entertain the guests. It was a very interesting function.
With love and good
wishes to you.
42. E-mail
to your friend inviting him to spend summer vacation with you
Subject: Invitation to spend
summer vacation with me.
Dear Raihan,
Hope you are well. You haven’t
written me for a long time. Is it a very hard task to send a mail? However, My
school is going to be closed for summer vacation. And yours also. You are
cordially invited to my house to spend the vacation. If you come, both of us
will pass a great time. We will visit many places. I will take you to Sagor
Dari, the birth place of Michael Modhusudan Dutt. There are many interesting
places in my town. We will pay visit there. You know we have two large mango
trees. This time the trees are full of mangoes. We will spend time together in
fishing, playing in river and a lot more. I assure you that this will be
an enjoyable experience for you. Please don’t miss this great opportunity of
getting together. I hope you will think over my request. Give my wishes to your
parents.
Your friend,
Rehan

No comments:
Post a Comment