Monday, June 29, 2026

English Grammar Exercise Grade -7

 

A. Subordinate Clauses with Relative Pronouns (15 marks)

1. Combine the sentences using who/whom/which/that/whose in the funniest but grammatically correct way.

 a) A penguin stole my pencil. The penguin was wearing sunglasses.

b) The librarian shouted at a child. The child was hiding inside a bookshelf.

c) I bought a robot. The robot keeps asking for a salary.

d) The boy forgot his umbrella. His umbrella screams when it gets wet.

e) I met a scientist. The scientist invented a pillow that wakes people up by shouting “WAKE UP, FOOL!”


B. Active and Passive Voice (15 marks)

 2. Change these into passive voice:

 a) The alien borrowed my math book.

b) Someone painted our dog blue.

c) The magician will reveal the secret.

d) My cousin invented a machine that throws tomatoes.

e) The students have completed their escape plan.

 3. Change these into active voice:

 a) The noisy alarm was broken by the cat.

b) The invitation was delivered by a flying drone.

c) A strange noise was heard by everyone.

d) The football match will be started by the referee’s pet goat.

e) The homework was hidden by the teacher.

 C. Tenses (12 marks)

 4. Fill in the correct tense of the verbs:

 a) I suddenly realized I ______ (talk) to a statue for ten minutes.

b) By 7 PM today, we ______ (finish) the project that nobody understands.

c) The students ______ (run) when the skeleton in the lab suddenly sneezed.

d) If the bus ______ (not come), we ______ (walk) to school like sad superheroes.

e) My pet parrot ______ (practice) insult jokes since morning.

f) I wish my brother ______ (stop) singing opera during breakfast.

 D. Reported Speech (15 marks)

 5. Change the following into indirect speech:

 a) “Why are you eating your test paper?” asked the teacher.

b) “Never give chocolate to this monkey!” shouted the zookeeper.

c) “I will become the president of the universe,” declared my best friend.

d) “Did you steal my invisible pencil?” my sister asked.

e) “Please help me catch my runaway pet cloud,” begged the wizard.

 E. Homophones & Homographs (10 marks)

 6. Choose the correct option:

 a) The (maid/made) screamed when she saw a dancing potato.

b) Please (pare/pair/pear) the carrots.

c) The wind began to (wind/wined) the rope tightly.

d) I need a (peace/piece) of cake before I lose my mind.

e) The (blew/blue) balloon floated into the sky.

f) Do not (knead/need) the dough too aggressively!

g) The (hour/our) dog thinks it’s a lion.

h) The (sole/soul) of my shoe ran away.

i) My uncle will (meat/meet) us at the station.

j) I saw a (dear/deer) eating French fries.

 F. Punctuation (12 marks)

 7. Rewrite the paragraph with proper punctuation:

 yesterday my friend shouted hey look behind you theres a giant broccoli monster then i turned around and fell into a dustbin

 G. Reflexive Pronouns (8 marks)

 8. Fill with correct reflexive pronouns:

 a) The robot repaired ______.

b) We taught ______ how to juggle pineapples.

c) My sister bought ______ a present.

d) The cat scared ______ after seeing its tail move.

e) I burnt ______ while frying air.

f) The students blamed ______ for the disaster.

g) You should treat ______ kindly.

h) The twins dressed ______ in superhero outfits.

 H. Prepositions (13 marks)

 9. Fill in the correct prepositions:

a) The mouse ran ______ the cupboard.

b) My backpack is ______ the chair.

c) The drone flew ______ my head.

d) A frog jumped ______ my shoe.

e) The treasure map is hidden ______ the old book.

f) The boy walked ______ the puddle.

g) Our classroom is ______ the first floor.

h) A spider crawled ______ the wall.

i) My pen rolled ______ the table.

j) The dog sat ______ my feet.

k) The bus stopped ______ the traffic light.

l) I climbed ______ the tree to hide.

m) The balloon floated ______ the clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise on Voice I Narration I Conditional I Correction

  Model Question Paper 1  Correct the following sentences   a) Hardly had I reached the station when the train had left. b) Neither of t...