Wednesday, July 1, 2026

English Grammar Exercise Grade -8

 

1. Translate into English: 

 বর্তমান যুগে শিক্ষা মানুষের সবচেয়ে বড় সম্পদ।একজন শিক্ষিত মানুষ নিজের জীবন 

উন্নত করার পাশাপাশি সমাজ  দেশের উন্নয়নেও গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ভূমিকা পালন করে।

তাই প্রত্যেকেরই নিয়মিত পড়াশোনা করা এবং জ্ঞান অর্জনের চেষ্টা করা উচিত

2. Correct the following sentences 

 a) Hardly had I reached the station when the train had left.

b) Neither of the two boys are honest.

c) The teacher insisted to complete the assignment today.

d) One of my friends have gone abroad.

e) Dhaka is more populous than any cities in Bangladesh.

f) Scarcely had he entered the room than everyone stood up.

g) I am looking forward to meet you soon.

 3. Use the correct form of the verbs in the following sentences 

a) I cannot help ________ (admire) his honesty.

b) By the time we arrived, the movie ________ (begin).

c) If I ________ (know) the truth, I would have acted differently.

d) The students are busy ________ (prepare) for the examination.

e) Ten miles ________ (be) a long distance to walk.

f) The old man made me ________ (carry) the heavy box.

g) He is accustomed to ________ (work) late at night.

 4. Frame WH-questions from the following sentences 

 a) The meeting will begin at 10 o'clock.

b) She bought the dress from New Market.

c) They travelled by train.

d) My brother has lived in Canada for five years.

e) He solved the problem with great intelligence.

f) The principal awarded the prize to Rafi.

g) We celebrate Victory Day on 16 December.

 5. Rearrange the following words to make meaningful sentences: 

 a) never / tells / the / truth / he

b) success / key / hard work / is / to / the

c) should / obey / parents / we / our

d) honesty / best / the / policy / is

e) after / the / had / rain / stopped / we / started / our / journey

 6. Use articles where necessary:

 ______ honest man is always respected. He is ______ asset to ______ society. It is ______ honor to meet such ______ person.

7. Change any five of the following words as directed and make sentences with the changed words: 

 a) decide (noun)

b) strong (noun)

c) success (adjective)

d) beauty (adjective)

e) appear (noun)

f) happy (noun)

g) education (verb)

8. Give the antonyms of the following words and make your own sentences with them 

 a) Ancient

b) Generous

c) Prosperity

d) Permanent

e) Expand

f) Humble

g) Innocent

9. Punctuate the following passage: 

once a teacher asked the students why do you want to succeed one student replied because i want to serve my country the teacher smiled and said remember success comes to those who work hard

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise on Voice I Narration I Conditional I Correction

  Model Question Paper 1  Correct the following sentences   a) Hardly had I reached the station when the train had left. b) Neither of t...